Matthew M. Johnson
Matthew Johnson has over 24 years of litigation experience in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and federal courts. His litigation practice involves representing clients in personal injury, contractual, and property damage disputes in the areas of automobile, transportation, premises, and liquor liability. His corporate clients include trucking companies, major retailers, hotels, bars, and restaurants. Matt also pursues subrogation claims on behalf of workers’ compensation insurers and employers.
Matt is a frequent lecturer on a number of topics including workers’ compensation subrogation, liquor liability, hospitality law, Minnesota’s No-Fault Act, Alternative Dispute Resolution, insurance fraud, and the Minnesota Fair Claims Practices Act. He enjoys an “AV” peer rating by Martindale-Hubbell.
Matt is a qualified neutral under Rule 114 of the Minnesota General Rules of Practice. As part of his litigation practice, he serves as mediator for parties who wish to mediate their legal disputes.
Matt was honored by his peers as a “Super Lawyer” in Minneapolis/St. Paul Magazine in 2020 and 2021.
- William Mitchell College of Law, J.D. (1997)
- College of St. Thomas, B.A. (1990)
- Minnesota State Court (1997)
- Federal District Court, District of Minnesota (1998)
- Wisconsin State Court (2003)
- Federal District Court, District of Western Wisconsin (2010)
- Defense Research Institute
- Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association
- No-Fault Arbitrator for the American Arbitration Association
- Qualified Neutral under Rule 114 of the Minnesota General Rules of Practice
- Target Corp. v. All Jersey Janitorial Service, Inc., 916 F.Supp.2d 909 (D.Minn. 2013)
- Western National Ins. Co. v. Thompson, 797 N.W.2d 201 (Minn. 2011) (amicus)
- Clifford v. Geritom Med., Inc., 681 N.W.2d 680 (Minn. 2004)
Direct Dial: (952) 582-4713
Fax Number: (952) 378-1814
Phone Number: (952) 582-4711